Sunday, August 3, 2008

update...again!

On Friday Jake had a blood transfusion. They also took some blood and some of the tests came back positive for infection. Saturday morning we got a phone call to go back to the hospital and they'd have a bed waiting for us. That was nice of them! He has an infection in his line from his port, they think. So he is on two new antibiotics and is doing fine. The infection can be very dangerous if they don't get it taken care of. Also, if they can't take care of it with the antibiotics they might have to remove his port and give him a new one. Let's hope for the best. He still has a fever but hopefully they can get rid of that in the next little bit. We are hoping to go home on Wednesday...so if you have any good movies to suggest, I would enjoy that! Apparently there was a new book that came out the other day so Heidi enjoys coming up here so she can just sit and read! She went to Wal-Mart at midnight the other night to go get the next book in the vampire falls in love with some girl series. (I can't remember the name of it but I know you know which one I'm talking about!)
Still no ski. Hopefully tomorrow.

4 comments:

Tori said...

Have fun reading Breaking Dawn. I wish that I could have been with you girls to get myself a copy. I hope that Jake feels better. We will think of some good movies! You are in our prayers

Nikki said...

Heidi I hope your little Jake is doing better. I am thinking of you all. I just started the first book in the series. I can't wait to get sucked into it like I have heard everyone else is! BTW... I have NO movie ideas. I am horrible with movies. See ya soon! :)

Pryors said...

Heidi thanks for taking my kids pictures cant wait to see them. Im sorry Jake has not been feeling well, I hope he gets better soon. It was so good to you and catch up. I will call you next time Im in town.

Kari said...

Get well soon Jake!