Tuesday, May 19, 2009

fun random stuff

I have been putting off writing this post because it seems like the only thing I ever put up here is our sick children.  How depressing and annoying can we get?!  Anyways, 2 words: ANC 200.  Yes, I typed it right.  It has fallen even more.  Although, we did find out the reason why this week.  Remember about the enzyme test that they were sending back to New York?  Of course it came back positive.  We are talking about Jake here.  The child who does not follow any of the protocol given to him.  The nice thing is we know what is going on--we will keep him off all chemo until his counts raise.  Then they will slowly put him back on the 6mp and find a good balance that his body can handle.  Chances are, he will never be up to a full dose of chemo again, which worries me slightly.  The fact that there was no improvement in his ANC over the past two weeks also worries me a little bit considering he was off all meds for those two weeks.  We were told if it had not gone up next tuesday at his appointment, there is a chance they will do a bone marrow aspirate to make sure everything is okay.  But, I am sure it is just those darn meds.  Luckily, with Jeff getting sick and with Crew as sick as he has been, Jake has pulled through with no illness, surprisingly enough!  He is a tough little guy and thinks he needs to be playing with friends or riding his bike 24 hours a day!

Crew is doing GREAT!  We had tubes put in on wednesday and it has been so fun to see our fun, sweet little boy back.  I almost forgot how much energy and trouble that kid gets into.  We are hoping that the tubes solve the problem for good!  

And now onto Coletrain.  I just wanted to share with you the prayer that he is saying every single day.  It is all me and Jeff can do to keep from laughing like crazy at the kid.

Heavenly Father, thank you for this day, help me to be good.  thank you for my brother that starts with a J and a K and an E and his name is Jake the sssnnn (he is getting ready to say snake, which Jake cannot stand).....crocodile!  Help us to be nice to each other and not fight and bless pa and the lakes. Thank you for my mom and dad and my brother and my other brother and for bear and for me... 
and on and on and on.  I know it is bad, but sometimes I will have Jake pray instead because they are so long!  He tries to be silly and is a little tease... oh how I love him.

And because we can't post without a picture:
webIMG_4895 copy

webIMG_4893

7 comments:

Family of Strength said...

glad to see everything is being figured out. We're with you on the long prayer thing... what do you do???!

Angie said...

Oh how I love your kids!! It makes mine seem almost normal!! Ü

DJ and Gin Family said...

I could just sit back and let Cole entertain me all day. He gets this look when he's about to do something silly or crazy... I love it!
I hope the tubes do the trick for little Crew and that Jake can keep playing 24/7.

Mandy said...

Hey Jamiesons!! Please keep us updated on Jake! Sorry to hear his counts are so crazy! Has this been a roller coaster or what?? I am SO sorry my friends! By the way...love the prayer Cole...HE IS SO STINKING ADORABLE!! Hopefully we'll see you guys soon, and trauma free!!

Angela Baird said...

I know I've told you this before, but I love your blog...something about Heidi's amazing photography to document life with 3 boys and Jake's lukemia story...wow. I haven't read for a while, and am sad that Jake's counts are so low, and pray that answers continue to come so you can know how to help the handsome little man! And, glad the tubes seem to be doing their job, too!

laurie Carlson said...

Love that Cole-train!

Heidi said...

I hope they can figure it out soon, how awful for you guys. I say just take him off the meds, that's Tom's vote for all this CRAP! Good Luck, we are always praying for little Jakers. I LOVE the prayer, that's so stinkin' cute.
Hopefully we'll talk to you soon,
Heidi