
Are you surprised? Didn't think so. Ahhhh! What am I going to do with this kid? This is what bedtime and wake up time USED to look like:
Oh, so sweet you say? Not anymore! Now it goes something along the lines of this:
He gets out of bed around 14 times and gets into something, whether it be a marker (see above) toothpaste, or pouring soap all out on the floor. At first we would shut the door and lock him in his room, where he would then end up falling asleep on the chair or the floor or somewhere other than his crib. But now, he has learned how to open the door. So, in the middle of the night two nights ago, between the hours of 11:00 pm and 1:00 am, I see a little head peep over the side of the bed that starts yelling, "Mom! Mom!" It was cute the first time. The twentieth time, not so cute anymore. So what do I do with Mr. Trouble here? I am not seeing a whole lot of options. The joys of children. I think part of the problem is he is too stinkin' cute for his own good. Just look and you will see what I mean...
Now you tell me how you are supposed to get mad at that??!!













11 comments:
oh my! Lincoln II did the SAME thing... learned to get out of his crib AND open the door---we finally put a gate up and he just got a stool and climbed over that too. So, we put him in a big bed at 18 months and put one of those door locks on that he couldn't get out of. Since the he's figured out how to get a few times but we keep making it harder for him to get out of his room.
I feel your pain! REALLY!
But like you said, it's so hard when they're so cute.
Oh my goodness! I would pull my hair out. You really are out of options. I can't believe he would get up in the middle of the night! That's kind of scary.
He is the cutest little boy around!
Oh my goodness...I'm laughing so hard. We put a gate up in the doorway of Aerin's room and now when she gets up she stands at the gate and whines for us, but we can ignore it because she can't get out. You're right though, it would be hard to be too mad at a kid that cute. Although, in the wee hours after the 20th time....
I invested in a crib tent when Zach was about 18 months and started climbing out of his crib....that solved the problem for us! Good luck!
Wow- You are an AMAZING photographer! I wish we lived closer so you can take some of my kids. WoW! What camera do you use?
-Tiff
Oh, Heidi. I feel for you. He is a busy boy! And you are right, SO stinkin' cute!
I would imagine that a dog kennel would do the trick. I won't tell DCFS....
Reese tried to climb out of her crib a few months ago, and ended up straddling the rail, too afraid to go either way. Then just last week she made it out, but with a big crash to the floor. It scared her enough that I don't think she'll be trying that anytime soon. So, are you going for a third? (I'm pretty sure we're not)!!
LOVE that boy! He's too cute to get mad at!
Put an alarm in his room. When the door opens and it goes off, he'll never leave again. Oh, the nicer mom method would be a crib tent. People swear by those. Thanks for letting me fill your ears for an hour today! Always LOVE talking to you!!!!
Ctib tent, I have no idea where to get one, but my friend said it really works. Good luck and I LOVE your pictures. Emilee
That really made me laugh, he's so cute! Your boys are adorable!! I love that dreaded "mom" in the middle of the night, at least it's not followed by the puke all over the floor :) He's too cute!
Post a Comment