Friday, January 14, 2011

Random-ness

First things first, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFF!! He is getting up there in the "old age" range. Our boys asked if he was going to have to start riding in a "chair" soon.

He always complains that I don't ever say how awesome he is, so I would like to dedicate this quote to him for his birthday:
"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."
— Dr. Seuss

Love you honey! Happy birthday!
webIMG_7209webIMG_7207webDSC_0426webIMG_3755 copy

So chances are I will most likely neglect this blog due to the other one I have going on with a picture a day. It is a little overwhelming. Already. I cannot believe how much time it is taking. Most likely because I was behind when I started. Hopefully once I catch up it will be much easier.

A couple random things that have happened the last few days:

Cole is on a kick about having a new sibling. And not just any sibling. He wants another boy. AND he wants his name to be CUBBY.

Jake just got off steroids last week. Boy. It was a fun one. They have not hit him that hard in a while. I don't think he had a volume other than yelling for three straight days. Thirty-three dosages down, only five more to go.

Jake was in trouble last night and told me, "There is NO viable reason that I should be up here in my room!" What 8-year old uses the word viable? I don't even use the word. And not only that, but how does he know how to use it correctly in a sentence?

We were in a store the other day and I wanted to pull every. single. hair. out of my head. Literally. Three boys running around a store and throwing balls all over the place. Crew running away as fast as he can (and he is FAST!) if you even make one step towards him. So. I did what any normal mom would have done. Put them in a cart, which I should have done in the beginning. And guess what happened? They tipped the cart over. Children inside and all. My angels.

Sometimes, this is what I would like to do with them:
webIMG_3795 copywebIMG_3798webIMG_3797

5 comments:

Unknown said...

First let me say that I miss you. We need to hang out.

And that cart tipping over story - should have been your picture of the day. I feel your pain. Can't stand taking all my kids to the store. not good.

mylyn wood said...

so glad to hear that other moms have days where their kids drive them absolutely crazy. :-) love the stories about your boys! probably not very funny to you at the time but for us it's very entertaining!

Kari said...

Love it all! Glad you share your stories with us. Every single one of us has had one or several! Take care.

DJ and Gin Family said...

That is hilarious! (the shopping cart incident)
My Mom had a zillion kids plus babysat more. One day we were coming out of the DI (a zillion kids makes you poor), and my friend was pushing the cart full of kids. He took it straight off the curb and dumped all the kids out into the parking lot. Good, crazy times.
BTW, Jeff is NOT old. If he is, that means that I am too. Not cool, but Happy Birthday Jeff.

Melissa said...

Grandma has a chair for "the old man" :-) LOVE that your kids are asking about that! Too funny!