After two weeks of playing hard and having fun, this kid was readmitted to the hospital today to begin conditioning for his bone marrow transplant. It is so surreal. I can't believe it is already here. We are worried and nervous and anxious to have this behind us once and for all. He had to be at the hospital at 7:15 this morning to get his port removed and replace it with a broviac. He has been more anxious about the broviac than anything else. But, the surgery went great. He did wake up in a lot of pain but seems to be doing better tonight. He has not complained about being the hospital again and seems to be taking everything that is going on in stride. We love this kid like crazy. It was so hard to take him to the hospital this morning knowing that our healthy looking kid is going to be made sicker than he has ever been. Both Jeff and I hate it. I hate the unknown. But we are ready! We are ready to start counting down the days until we can figure out a way to be normal again because right now I think we are all a little crazy!:)
His brand new broviac. It is HUGE. It is weird to see a huge line sticking out of my child's body. I am still awed by the things we are able to do in the medical world.
3 comments:
Praying so hard for him. You really packed it in these last few weeks--you are AMAZING!
Sweet Heidi. I love you and we are all praying hard for you and your family...especially sweet Jake as you face the days ahead. xoxo
Here we go! One day closer to having a healthy boy. You are not in this alone. We are all worried and anxious and praying like we have never prayed before. Jake is strong and courageous and he will do this and he is so lucky to have you and Jeff as his parents- loving him and encouraging him every step of the way. He has an army fighting with him. We love you all!
Post a Comment