Saturday, June 9, 2012

ENGRAFTED!!!!

Yay!  He did it!  With a little bit of help from neupogen, Jake's ANC went from 100 to 1200 to 1500 in the course of three days!  He is so excited!  There is an end in sight.  Finally.  His official engraftment day was day +23.  Elliot therapy dog and Jake's teacher won the betting pool.  I was way off.  I guessed day 18 going by, "if he has a sibling match, they usually go early".  Sheesh.  You would think I would have learned my lesson by now.  We are hoping to be able to come home sometime next week.  The latest, Friday.  He has to be able to eat, which he ate a popsicle and a whole orange today.  (He has had nothing else in over three weeks)  He has to stop pooping like crazy, which has already slowed down a ton.  He only went twice last night compared to seven times the night before.  He has to start taking his anti rejection meds (prograff) orally.  And his blood work needs to be watched for a few days to make sure his prograff levels are not too high.   He needs to make sure he gets NO fevers.  He has to be weaned from the morphine.  And I think that is it!  He is close.  We are checking off things every day.  We are so grateful we are so near the end of this.

8 comments:

Lana Beal said...

Congratulations! We are so relieved & excited!
We can't wait for Jake to get home & be 100%!

The Laris Legacy said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations Jake!! What a huge relief!! So excited for your family!!

Chris, Amy and the girls said...

What amazing news! So happy for you guys!!!

Osukeli said...

So great to hear! Congrats to Jake!!!

WCreativeDesigns said...

You don't know me but I'm sending a huge way to go From Nova Scotia Canada!!!! So exciting!

Jackie said...

YEAH JAKE!!! That is awesome news. I am so excited I can hardly contain it. You are doing great and we are all so proud of you. Love you a million times!

Jesi said...

That is wonderful news!! I am so glad to hear that he has engrafted and the count down to getting home has started. :)

Karly said...

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU! YAY for Jake! That is incredible news!