Thursday, April 2, 2009

"I'm Brave, I'm Tough, Nothing can beat this stuff!"

This is life... according to Jake.  Out of the blue, he started saying this quote all day yesterday.  When we asked him where he heard it, he got all embarrassed and said he made it up on his own.  Pretty cute and accurate if you ask me!  He had clinic this week on Tuesday.  Just a check-up and an iv push of Vincristine.  Nothing too dramatic.  The surprising part is that his counts are down again.  (Or maybe not to surprising with his history!)  His ANC is at 500.  Luckily he is off track or else we would have pulled him out of school again.  Our home health care nurse will come and draw labs again in  two weeks to see where they are off to then.  No other exciting news to report!  No broken legs this week or hospital stays yet!  Yeah!  We are on steroids which makes life more interesting... I will let ya know what fun things come out of his mouth this week!  So far it hasn't been too bad!!

webIMG_2564 copy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heidi, you are an amazing mom! We had a lot of fun coming to visit. My girls ask me everyday if we can go to Jakes house and play! Thank so much! Kim

Nikki said...

What a cute quote!!!!

laurie Carlson said...

How much do I love you Jake?!!!!!

Jessica Law said...

Heidi, I found you! What an incredible photographer you are! I had no idea of your fabo talents. I also read all about your son Jake. What an incredible kid he is and what an adventure you are on. I hope all is well.

ps - my son broke his leg at about 13 months too. Crazy.

Take care...if you want to see what we're up to, our blog is lawfam.com