Friday, December 18, 2009

Rage

Now that it is a month behind us and I have slightly calmed down from the episode we had last month, I thought I needed to write it down... although sometimes I wonder if it something I would rather forget. It is rather embarrassing. Steroids are a wonderful thing. I am still trying to grasp the concept of them. I think I am counting down the days until we are done with those, rather than the actual chemo. (only 18 more times after this week:) This week it hasn't been so bad. Last month. Oh last month. I still want to cry from the pain of it. Our poor babysitter will be traumatized forever and it is my child's fault. Me and Jeff went last minute to a pre-showing of New Moon. Our cute little neighbor watched our three precious children. Apparently as soon as we walked out the door, the light switched on to activate the steroids in our oldest child's body. At full force. (And I am really not exaggerating when I say "full force".) He wanted 7 eggs and no less than 7 eggs. He got 3 eggs instead, which set him off. He was going to break all the forks in the house. He decided to try to run away. And then he was going to run in the street and try to get hit by a car. And the list goes on. Luckily, my cute babysitters mom was home and was able to come and take care of things. She took him to a different neighbors house that knows how to deal with the 'roid rage. Thank goodness she was home. (Whatever would I do without you, Tara?) Fun story, eh? The next few days the effects of them slowly wore off, but it seems to be staying in his system longer and affect him worse each month. I guess it can't help that his dosage keeps getting increased each month. His counts were a little too high again at 2,500 this week, and so far has been doing great on the 'roids. No rage yet. Maybe we will get lucky and skip that part this week.

3 comments:

Hailey said...

Oh, Heidi that sounds awful! That poor kid (and babysitter :))!!

DJ and Gin Family said...

I hate to think what that babysitting job set you back... that sounds pricey!

Carolyn Hansen said...

The story will get funnier as time passes I think. I am saying a little prayer that the roid rage is less severe this go around!
Anyone want to go on another cruise?