Monday, April 19, 2010

Two years and counting...

It has been a ridiculously long and difficult journey, but as of today we have made it to our two year mark! Congratulations Jakers! We are getting to the end of the road... slowly but surely. Only one more year and two months to go. I cannot believe it has come so quickly. (I can't believe I am saying that!) There have been lots of bumps and road blocks along the way, but we wouldn't take back any of it. We have learned so much more than we have lost. We are grateful for the chance to be better people because of this struggle we have had to deal with. So, thank you Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia for teaching us all that we needed to know. (And also for leaving our child alone now. You have done your job and can now stay away and not come back. Ever.)

Remembering the last couple of fun years with Jake:
webIMG_0514
webIMG_2905
webIMG_2949
webIMG_9172
wevIMG_2578
webIMG_7721
webIMG_8318 copy
webIMG_0699

And my sweet baby boy now... isn't he so cute with no teeth?!??
webIMG_7219

9 comments:

Annie said...

Beautiful. What a journey. You've dealt with it with amazing grace. Come on June 2011.

xoxo

Pryors said...

Congrats! 2 years down! What an amazing journey. I admire the strength of your little family.

Diane said...

You are such an amazing family!! and Jake has always been such a sweet boy. We are grateful to have you as an example in our lives.

The Hunters! said...

Wow! Heidi, I don't want to wish time away, it goes by fast enough already but I can't wait until Chase is at his 2 year mark!! You and your family have inspired me so much the last 5 weeks! Thank you so very much for showing me the light at the end of the tunnel & that there is life after diagnosis! I love seeing the pictures of Jake's transformation, I need to know that Chase will go back to looking & acting like the boy he was 2 months ago!! Thank you for being so giving of yourself! My cup runneth over!

Anonymous said...

It seems like just yesterday we were hearing about his diagnosis--two years, wow. I'm sure it hasn't gone fast for you guys, though. I have always been so inspired and awed by the grace and dignity you guys have displayed even under intense stress and sadness. I admire that so much!

laurie Carlson said...

What an amazing 2 years it has been. Love you so much Jakers....you are my HERO!

Katrina said...

What a blessing that Jake is doing so well. My kids still remember him in their prayers. Love you guys!

Jamie said...

Warriors. Jake has cancer, his mama carried that cancer with him. Every. Single. Step. I saw you do it. With total grace. I couldn't be more proud to call you my friend. I love you with all of me and can't even put into words what your journey during the last two years has taught me.....

Mistie said...

Hey Heidi-
i feel bad we didn't get to finish talking at the shoot the other day. I wanted to hear more about the house, Jake, your boys, everything. Sounds though like Jake is doing great. I am sure you guys are such rocks after everything. Best of luck and we need to find a day to play.