I sent my baby to school a couple of weeks ago. I have to admit, I was very surprised at myself. I was much more emotional than I thought I would be. I can't believe he is in kindergarten. Crazy. It is much needed for both of our sanity's but I am so sad he is getting so big. He has loved every minute of it so far and has already gotten way too cool to be seen with any adult. We walk to and from school and he wants nothing to do with us once he sets foot on school property. No hugs or kisses goodbye. Nothing. When we come pick him up, he thinks he is funny and runs right past us and all the way home without a hi or a hello. He is our child that does not like attention or to be embarrassed which is surprising because he loves to tease and to get people to laugh. Love him.

(Notice how he won't look at me for the picture?)

Jake started second grade. A new school. Another new school in January. I will never do this to my children again. I HATE having to watch them not know anyone and the first few days play by themselves and eat lunch by themselves! The things we put our children through. I think I had a harder time than he did. It took a few days, but he loves going to school and loves his teacher and has made lots of friends. No more sitting in the corner by himself at recess. Until January anyway. (sigh) Whatever are we doing? We get to do this all over again. Oh well. It is good for them right?

3 comments:
We need to have your kids over....what works for you?
Such cute little boys you have! That makes me sad that they didn't have any friends!! I remember being the new kid. Its super hard, but I think its harder on the parents. I turned out ok, no serious issues :) Love you guys!
You're really leaving in January. Rude. Now how am I ever going to see you? Totally rude. You BETTER plan that road trip ASAP!
P.S. Your boys will NOT have any trouble making friends. Silly girl. Have you not seen how stinkin yummy they are? No. Problem.
Post a Comment