Sunday, August 29, 2010

A two year old and his naptime

What do boys do on their own spare time you ask? Particularly two year olds? No one watching... locked in their room, supposedly sleeping?

#1. They dress themselves. In pajamas.

webIMG_1080

#2. They climb up on the desk and then up the bookshelf getting the picture frames and all of the seashells down and throw them onto the floor.

#3. They sing. And sing. And sing. Problem is, you can't understand him when he talks, so when he sings, you especially have no idea except for the EIEIO and moo moo moo parts.

#4. They find the lotion and the diaper ointment. Please remember to put it somewhere that will not be accessible AT ALL. He WILL find it. And open it. And squirt it all over his body. And the floor. And the rocking chair. And rub that into the carpet. Diaper ointment is thick. And white. And will not come out of carpet, if any of you were wondering.


#5. The best part of the nap is that they take off their diapers. Our two year old is now potty trained. He does not like diapers. So he takes them off when he is napping. The only problem is that he NEEDS them when he sleeps. And when mom thinks he is asleep, it comes off. And then he poops. On the floor. And then he will walk all over it with one of MY shoes on. Which will go in the garbage. Great. Now I need a new pair of shoes. He will also rub it in his hair. And on his face. And then play with all of his toys in his toy box. I guess I will need to disinfect those too. You will spend at least one hour cleaning the carpets. Not to mention the time it takes to wash the two year old and the sheets and all of the stuffed animals he has touched. And pay for someone to come clean the poop stains and diaper ointment stains out of the carpet.

webIMG_8857 copy

#6. And THEN they fall asleep wherever they feel a need too.

webIMG_8765

Conclusion: Two year olds come at a price. They are awfully cute, but awfully naughty. Do not under any circumstances leave them alone in a diaper when they have not yet gone to the bathroom that day. The consequences are not worth it. Even the nap and the alone time is not worth it.

webIMG_8842 copy

7 comments:

Karly said...

Oh shoot! Sounds like a FUN day!

Jamie said...

Oh honey. My poop stories are there, too. Glad to know that someone else deals with it....
...my friend witnessed one by Joe and when I asked for advice, her response was, "I don't know....my kids never did that." Thanks. How wonderful it is to have my real life Heidi.... :)

Emily said...

That is so funny and sad (for you) all at the same time. I just don't know how I would handle that - I really don't.

Whats new with you? Did you move? How are things?

Tori said...

Thanks for warning me about little boys!

DJ and Gin Family said...

I think that I would have to cancel nap times... (then buy some video monitors and handcuffs).

Anonymous said...

With the mess you had to clean up..you deserve more then one new pair of shoes girl!!

Kari said...

Oh MY!!! What a fun little boy. I wish he and Claire could play more often. It would be so fun to watch what trouble they would find themselves in.