Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Update

We took Jake in to see his oncologist yesterday. We were so sure we were going to be told that this thing, whatever it it, was no big deal and to not worry about it. No such luck. I have come to the conclusion that our child will not ever do the normal thing. He has to take the difficult way around everything. The truth is, no one can figure out what has caused his lymph node to become as large as it has. Each doctor that has looked at it has been surprised at how large it is. And there is no reasoning behind it. If he had bruising or had hurt his leg or even been sick the last little while, it would be some sort of explanation. But he hasn't even had a tiny cough. Our doctor is pretty sure he has not relapsed, but she "is not happy with this." It is frustrating. It is scary not knowing. The waiting is always the worst part. They have decided to put him on an antibiotic just in case he has an infection. And in the meantime, wait. Wait until after the holidays to see if it goes away. And if it doesn't, they will biopsy it come January. So if you don't mind, say a prayer for our sweet boy that things might just go our way this time around.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Duh! That is so frustrating. I am SICK of not getting answers so I totally feel for you. I will pray it goes away. And that you can have a relaxing and peaceful holiday. We love you guys.

BS and the Kids said...

I have been meaning to text you to see what you had heard....sorry it is a waiting game! We will be praying for the thing to go away, quickly! Hope all is well. We need to go play.

Melissa said...

Everything will be fine...I still can't believe the first thing that person mentioned to you was a bone marrow! Hope you're having fun in Reno.