We are hanging in there. It is slowly sinking in. Very slowly. Jake is struggling much more than I had initially anticipated on. He had a good cry yesterday and seems okay today as long as he is not thinking about it. He does not want his port put back in and is worried about being able to play and run with his friends. We are giving him a little information at a time and letting him process it. I don't think he has realized that his hair is going to fall out again and stay out for much longer this time. We are going to have a huge shave your head party in the next few weeks. Whoever wants to come, please come! I will let you know the details as soon as we decide on a date and time. I am hoping it will be an easier transition if numerous people are shaving their heads--and not just his hair is going bye-bye.
I do know that as horrid as it is, we can and will do this again. Now that I am over the shock, we are ready to anticipate the blessings that we are already seeing from struggling through trials like this. There have been hundreds of prayers sent our little guys way and we could not be more grateful for the outpouring of love that has come from not only our family and friends but from people that we don't even know. We are grateful that we have the gospel and our Savior to fall back on. And things will be okay. It may get worse before it gets better, but it will get better.
We are having a fast for Jake on Sunday if you would like to participate. These next few weeks are going to be brutal on the kid and we need all the help and prayers we can get!



12 comments:
Fight this thing, dang it! You and Jeff are the strongest people I know. Jake won this the last time and I know he can do it again with faith, love and his awesome family by his side. I love you guys so much and my heart aches that you are going through this again, yet this time around you guys are stronger, wiser, and know what to expect. This cancer crap doesn't have a chance! Love you!
xoxo
We will be fasting Sunday! Ditto to Kris....
My word verification was BUGGER! TRUE DAT!
Heidi...remember me? Mistie Scott-Riverton. anyway, i have your blog on my reader so i see when you update. i am so sorry about Jake. Wow, you guys have been dealt a hard card again. I can't even fathom dealing with what you are dealing with. just know you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Best of luck and hang in there!
Heidi & Jeff, my heart just aches for both of you and Jake thinking you have to go through this again. I don't think you realize how many people have looked up to all of you and been strengthened by your faith, your awesome attitude, and your testimony! You guys are amazing & if anyone can get through it round 2, you can! We will definately be fasting tomorrow & we'll keep you in our prayers! Let us know when you have the "shaving party", Gabe, Isaac, and probably Bryce would love to join in on the fun! love you guys,
Bryce & Jenni Morris
Hi there,
You don't know me, but I saw your beautiful photography on Melissa Carlsons blog of her darling Ellie and started looking at your blog. I just wanted you to know that we will be thinking of and praying for your sweet boy.
Ashley :)
Heidi,
You know I love you and your sweet little family. I am so sorry to hear about this. We just broke our fast for little Jake and I just want you to know that if you need anything we will be there. Let me know about the hair party. All my boys are in!!
Jill
xoxoxox Heidi!!!
Sending you love and prayers and support. We love you and support you. Love to Jake.
I don't even know what to say other than we will pray for you continually. You have such an amazing family and such a strong little boy! I admire you all so much for the way you handle things! I miss seeing you....
Heidi, I heard about this a few days ago and just wanted to send our love and support to you and your sweet family. We also fasted for Jake and your family Sunday and will continue to keep you all in our prayers! We know how tough relapse can be as we just experienced it with Judd (although I know it's totally different but still--TOUGH) but my heart goes out to you. I admire you so much. xoxo
Brooke and Jaden Kemp
I am just hearing about this since Sunday and, to be perfectly honest, it has really hit me hard and made me far more emotional than I thought it would. Maybe it's because I'm the father of one boy and we have another one on the way in the next couple of months. Although I didn't get to know you guys as well as I would've liked when you lived in our neighborhood, please know that I, and our family, have a quiet and solemn respect for you and your family and all that you have endured and taught the rest of us.
I would like to participate in the head shaving party so please let me know when that is. We all love and support you all and please let us know anything we can possibly do to assist. Now a real confession: I haven't cried in quite a while...until now. This has just really affected me. I want you guys to know that others, including us, are experiencing this right along side you.
With Love,
Phil Rowson and Family
Post a Comment