Jake is doing awesome right now. His counts are right where they need to be and other than a small case of the stomach flu which we all have caught this week, he is doing so great. He had a back poke last tuesday which are his favorite days at the hospital. He has told us more than once that he wants to live there. I think we may have made it a little too fun for him at the hospital. Although I really feel that it has been a tue blessing that he doesn't remember all of the awful things that went on there just a couple of years ago. To him, clinic means fun and games and lots of attention all on him. He has told us he wants to have cancer forever. Lovely, huh? I have to admit that I am grateful though. I would much rather have this be a positive experience for him rather than one that he despises for the rest of his life. He is one of our miracles! Love you Jakers!

(waking up from the back poke on tuesday. Is it bad if I think Versed is a cool drug? I am always amazed at how it works and we have used it how many times now? )



5 comments:
He truly is a champ! He is lucky to have you and Jeff as parents and likewise you are to have such a wonderful little boy! I can't believe how identical he looks to Jeff!
prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. What an amazing attitude he has, I need to learn from him. Thanks for sharing his wonderful story.
YAY for 9!!!!
Hooray for you!!
Let the count down begin! Go JAKERS! I LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment