Monday, August 9, 2010

Tubes

I know this is out of order, but I really need to play catch up here. About the middle of April, Crewsers started to get sick. We wondered if it was another ear infection considering tons of icky goo was coming out of his right ear. He woke up the next morning and I looked in his ear and of course his tube had fallen out. It hasn't even been a year since his last tubes. Lame. Went to the doctor. Apparently his ear drum ruptured forcing his tube to burst out at the same time. Great. His left ear was also bad enough that the pressure had built up and had pushed out that tube. Double great. Three weeks and two antibiotics later both ears had cleared up. So, off to the ENT we go again. One look in his ears... "He needs tubes. And his adenoids need to come out." Of course he does. So two weeks later we are in Primary's getting tubes put in and adenoids taken out. He was an angel. The whole time. He was so excited to go with the doctor and get some bubble gum. He waved bye and went with the doctor hand in hand to his room. No fuss whatsoever. It was a nice and simple surgery. Recovery was easy. Or so we thought. It took almost two weeks for him to start feeling better. I am assuming because of the adenoids. We didn't have this problem with the tubes last time. He was talking like someone was pinching his nose and he had THE WORST smelling breath ever. And I am not exaggerating. It really was that bad. There were a few times that I started gagging. Two weeks to heal and now we are great! He does need to have hearing test done which we are doing sometime next month to make sure there is no damage to his hearing, but I think he is just fine. He seems to hear everything okay. Other than the fact that HE yells ALL the time. He has two volumes. Loud and louder. I think that is more from the fact of having to talk over two older brothers rather than not being able to hear himself though. But, we will see. We have had no problems whatsoever and are keeping our fingers crossed that we won't have any problems with his ears for awhile!!

Oh how I love this child. He is always as happy and as excited as he can be about life. He makes my heart happy.
webIMG_0364

Coming out of surgery, he was not thrilled
webIMG_0367 copy

Going home in the awesome wagon with a new pair of superman jammies that he is now obsessed with
webIMG_0372 copy

1 comment:

Jamie said...

P.S. I know a really good ENT....his name is Todd Hamilton. Next time, go there. Seriously. Glad all's okay! Miss you.