Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Lemonade

I know I have said it a thousand times and I am sure that I will say it a thousand more, but I am so grateful and amazed by the goodness of people out there. I had to share this picture. My sister in law just sent it to me and it of course had me in tears. I have a childhood friend that lives in Texas. I have not seen nor heard from her in over 20 years. Yes, twenty. I got this sweet email she sent to Jackie about a fundraiser she and her little girl had done for Jake. There is so much good in this world. And even though I have not seen this friend in years, I am so touched and humbled by her generosity and thoughtfulness in thinking of our family. There is something to be said about trials like this. They bring people together like nothing else can. And with all of the yucky stuff you hear on the news, there is so many more good things happening. And without all of that good and feeling like I am being supported from every which way, I am not sure we would be able to do this on our own. Because Giovanna is not the only one who has helped. The phone calls, the food, the gifts, the hospital visits, the emails, the texts, every little thing means so much more than you can imagine. So, once again, thank you.

1 comment:

The Peros said...

Heidi,
I just wanted you to know I have been following your updates about Jake and you are in my thoughts every day. I just can't imagine what you are going through, but wanted to send my love and prayers.

Melissa Pero (and family).