
Here is Jake's nurse, Irish, showing off his glove trick. Kids: Do not try this at home! He blew up the glove with his nose and then sticks it over his whole head. He had Jake laughing every time he walked into the room. It is so nice when these nurses try to make the hospital a fun place to be. Because most of the time, it is not so fun.



Jeff had meetings all day saturday, so the boys and I had fun at home. We made green waffles for St. Patricks Day, played with playdough, and made some paper animals, (thank you Millie!!), and played outside on the tramp. We even sat in time out for awhile. Surprise. Surprise. (It took an hour or so for the three of them to decide to be nice to each other for the day.)


These two equal trouble, trouble and more trouble.





He hates when I say it, but Cole has the most kissable lips....

We had planned on going miniature golfing, but it was a little bit too windy, so we opted for bowling instead. Four boys. That are insanely competitive. It was fun, but I think we are going to need to work on being a good sport, even if you don't win. Sheesh. I guess I should have realized it starts young.
It was hard to watch Jake. I am in shock at how much strength he has lost already. His little legs are skin and bones and he could barely throw the bowling ball. It made me really emotional to watch him. You don't notice it as much while sitting in a hospital, but when you see him around other kids, it is really apparent. And it makes me so sad. We still have such a long ways to go. I hate that we have started over from square one. Although, I am so grateful that he is still able to walk. A small silver lining.



Today our little man woke up with a sore throat. The methotrexate can cause mouth sores. Again. I have heard of them going down your throat and into your stomach and I am wondering if this is what has happened. Poor guy. He is having a tough time eating again. Popsicles and ice cream. That is what he will be living on for the next few days! He will be admitted again next week to start his third round of chemo. I cannot believe we are already this far into it. It is crazy. I just keep telling myself that it will be over before we know it!



2 comments:
I love love love Irish. You should see his Halloween costume! Glad he made Jake laugh and that it was just a short stay. Hopefully he doesn't have mouth sores all the way down-yuck!
Soon it will just be a distant fond memory... Hang in there girl. You continue to be my inspiration.
xoxo
Post a Comment