
We had a wonderful 4th of July week--beginning on Tuesday when we got a brand new swingset!!! Thank you Grandpa! Jake cannot go to the park...so someone thought it would be a good idea to bring the park to him. We are also hoping that it will help strengthen his legs somewhat. Who knows if this will ever actually happen at this point in time--it is starting to get a little discouraging since he is still so weak. The boys LOVE the swingset and it has already gotten much use. Crew even loves to swing in the baby swing and will giggle if you push him. So cute.


This is probably the biggest smile we saw in Jakers the whole week before this. He had a tough week, but I think he thought it was worth it in the end--Jeff took him to Reno for a small break. He and Jeff were on the plane, and he looked over at Jeff and said, "Daddy, I am just so excited I might explode!" Those few words made the risk totally worth it. He did not feel very well all week, but had so much fun being catered to hand and foot. The poor kid has not had much to look forward to the last couple of months. He had been on steriods for five days (Yesterday, it marked one week since his last dose.) It was double the dose as before and mixed with another medication he was on, it completely knocked the life out of him. He could not walk, but this time around he was constantly sick to his stomach, so he could not eat. There is nothing that sounds good to him. If he asks for something, he gets it, but most of the time takes a bite and chews for about 10 minutes, swallows and won't touch it. He currently weighs only 37 pounds. IF he eats, he throws up, or else it comes out the other end. We are a little worried about him losing so much weight.


Lucky me, I got to stay home with some much needed time with Crew and Cole, who needed a little bit extra attention. Cole has become very clingy to me the last couple of weeks, so it was a good break for everyone when Jeff and Jake left. We had a wonderful 4th... swimming and eating and fireworks...and oh, did I mention the 2.8 mile hike up AND 2.8 mile hike back with two children? Yes, that is 5.6 miles total. We did not realize at the time that it would be that difficult of a hike. We went up to Lake Blanche in Big Cottonwood Canyon. It was beautiful and very worth it--but let's just say I am grateful for Pa Randy and Jason helping me to carry those two boys! That hike back down the mountain was LONG. Both boys did surprisingly great and fell asleep on the trail.











8 comments:
Thanks for letting us play on your playset today. I love all the pictures and what you wrote!
I love how the simple things in life mean so much to kids. A swing set, or a quick trip with dad. It really helps remind us what's important in life.
Jake seems like such a strong boy. I continually check your site for updates, and want you and your family to know that our thoughts and prayers have been with you during this time.
My mom who just went through a bone marrow transplant understands how horriable this whole process is. I have told her about Jake, she wishes she could take away all his pain. Our hearts ache that Jake has to struggle with this. Hang in there, things will get better.
You're in our thoughts and prayers daily.
Jesi
Far left side of that swingset is the best shot. Cute cute cute boys.
Thinking of you...
I love the little legs hanging out on the left!
I hope that Jake gets alot of playtime in on his new swingset. That's exciting. Do you think that Jake would play on a little trampoline? When Taylor was trying to strenthen her left side after her stroke, the trampoline did wonders for her. Just a thought.
Tell Cole that I missed him in primary yesterday, and hang in there.
I have to agree, the swingset picture is hilarious (Crew anyway)! We can't wait to play on it too! I'm glad your weekend was fun-filled, seems like you were busy busy! Even at 37lbs, Jake looks so stinkin cute! Can't wait to show you the train!
What a great idea for the swingset! Crew looks hilarious. Glad you got to spend some time with Crew and Cole. Hope Jakers stomach starts to settle down.
Heidi and Jeff- Your boys are so cute! I can't believe how much older they look. I love to hear and see how Jake is doing. Your family is in our prayers always!! We love you.
Heidi.... I saw your page on Mio's page, it has been YEARS since I last saw or talked to you. Your kids are beautiful!! I just had my third girl and would LOVE for you to take their pictures. Will you email me and tell me how to book you? Your work is AMAZING!! Take care and I hope to hear from you. Nikki(Kjar) boogsandsnooks@comcast.net
Post a Comment