Life has changed dramatically since Sunday. We are home, but did not realize we would learn enough to get our nursing degrees. Jake now has to have around the clock care with tube feedings every four hours, antibiotics through his port 3 times a day, his daily dose of meds morning and evening and oh did I mention the shot we have to give to him in his leg every day at exactly noon? That is a fun one. We are once again also on steroids, so the yelling and screaming are once again part of life. We are starting to wonder if we are ever going to get our little boy back. It has been a frustrating few days but hopefully by next week, life will return to
as normal as it can be.
Few pics from our hospital stay...
Feeling good enough to do a puzzle! (Jake's new favorite thing to do...)

9 comments:
I am so sorry. Isn't it crazy all the things you have to keep track of and deal with. I wish I could be more helpful. You are in my prayers. It will get better!
Heidi and Jeff- My prayers are with you and your family. I know it must be hard watching your loved one go through all of this. You guys are such great parents and I look up to you for it.
What a brave little boy you have. You must be very proud of him. He has such a strong little spirit and his body WILL catch up again. You guys are doing such a great job! I can't imagine the strength it must take to see him so sick everyday, and you two are for sure the strongest parents I know. You are very loved!!
Heidi - Hi, this is Lydia Platt Greenwell from high school. I just wanted to say hi and tell you that you are such a talented photographer! Makes me want to take a class or two :) You have a beautiful family and I hope things get better with Jake.
I like puzzles too!
We continue to think about you guys and keep you in our prayers. You are such a strong family.
We are still thinking about Jakers all the time. We love that little guy and keep praying for him. I wish we were there to drop by and help. It's hard being so far away. Love you guys.
Cancer Sucks.
Hi Heidi,
It's your cousin Karah. I don't know how to send you a message or e-mail so I wanted to leave you a comment that I've been following your blog site since Grandma called me with the news months back. Jake and your family are in our prayers. You and your husband show an enormous amount of strength. May each day bring more pieces of good news your way.
With Love,
Karah
kwynne@tailorbyrd.com
Post a Comment