Monday, July 21, 2008

We're Back!!!

Heidi and I went to Tahoe on Thursday and had a fun couple of days golfing and enjoying Tahoe. Then on Sunday Jakers woke up with a fever and we called the on-call doc here at Primary's. He suggested we go to the ER in Reno. We went and sat in the ER for about 8 hours and then last night they had us stay the night at the pediatric unit in Reno. They have really nice facilities there but they don't have any sort of oncology unit so they never see kids with such low counts as his. We decided to fly back to Utah today so we could go to Primary's. The doc's in Reno were a little worried but our Oncologist wasn't worried and so we weren't that worried. It's interesting seeing how the doc's in each field look at things. Our doctor wasn't worried about his counts and just wanted us to come in and stay a few nights at Primary's to get blood and platelets and figure out why he has a fever but the doc's in Reno were pediatric doc's and they were really concerned. Each was very good at their field but I never thought I would be so excited to be at the ICS here at Primary's! Anyhow, Jakers has a fever and they are going to get that figured out. His fever maxed out yesterday at 102.7. Tomorrow he has a back poke and will probably get the feeding tube stuck back in his nose. We'll see how it goes. Until then, we're chillin' at Primary's. Our new normal! By the way, I played pretty good golf for all of you that were worried...although I didn't get to ski while we were there!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope they get that figured out fast. Fevers are scary. Glad you got to get away for a minute, though.

Kristin said...

Glad you guys had fun, but glad your back too! I missed you (Heidi that is, & maybe you, Jeff, a little)! You guys sure handle all the drama with class! Let us know what we can do, we're always around to help!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this! Good luck getting it all figured out. You guys are in our thoughts.
Sarah Roper