Tuesday, July 22, 2008
quick update
Jake and I are still here at the hospital. His counts have been very low and he had a fever although that is pretty much taken care of. His white blood count is low and his ANC is 0. It was at 600 the other day, then 63 two days ago and now zero. He had a blood transfusion and platelets yesterday. Today he had a lumbar puncture, one of his chemo's called vincristine and he had the tube put back in his nose. Hopefully it works this time. This will be our third night in the hospital and we are hoping to be able to go home tomorrow. Hospitals are nice but home is better. My battery on my phone died so I figured I better give an update for those that want to know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Jeff and Heidi --
I have been thinking about you and praying for you. Your experience has helped me appreciate my chidren more and made me more grateful. I hope Jakers improves quickly. You should have called us -- we would have gone golfin' with ya!
Best wishes,
Lisa Aland
That darn ANC. I hope you can get things stabilized quickly. No fun to stay at the hospital - home is better. We love you and think of you daily!
I'm glad they got the fever taken care of and hopefully this feeding tube will stay put so that boy can get some meat on his bones. Let us know as soon as you get the results of the latest spinal. We will keep praying for higher counts!
Hey all! Thinking of you all and hoping for a quick recovery. Get better soon Jakers and come to Vegas with Grams! Love ya.
Post a Comment