Friday, May 2, 2008

Eating Time with Jake

So, I thought I would drop a little note about Jake's new found eating habits.  So, he has been craving pizza and Kid Cuisine.  Not sure how he's even heard of Kid Cuisine, but he sure wants it.  In fact, he asked me to go to the store and buy "one to two hundred of them."  Well, last night for dinner he had 3 big pieces of pizza, two bowls of oatmeal and 4 glasses of milk.  This morning he had three eggs, two waffles and two toaster strudels and another 4 glasses of milk.  
We are working today to talk with our quiet voice rather than yell at everybody.  Yesterday my neighbor came over to play me in ping pong and Jake didn't want us to play so he started yelling at us to not play.  We ended up going down there and he went and got a knife, walked down and tried to cut the net down.  Gotta love medicine.  He is doing really well so far this morning. 

16 comments:

DJ and Gin Family said...

Dang Jake! Maybe you should consider training him for WWF! Usually you don't have to worry about boys eating you out of house until about 12. It's a good thing that Walmart is opening up soon, that will save on gas money atleast.

BS and the Kids said...

T-man always wants Kid Cuisine's at the store too!!! I think they must have comercials for them or something. We have never actually bought one, are they any good? I am glad to see he is eating, a ton. Now just imagine what it is going to be like in 10 years, when you have 3 teenage boys eating that same amount. Wow, we better start praying food prices go back down. I love that he tried to cut the net down, love it. I know the feeling with the yelling, have you guys been slipping T-man some roids when we haven't been looking, because I would swear he exhibits some of the same traits you are describing, yelling, moody, and eats beyond belief.

Sara said...

Yikes! The poor little guy...and family of course! He probably doesn't even understand why he is acting that way. Will his rage on roids continue to have the same side effects the entire time he taking them or do the side effects decrease? I'm thinkin the food budget might need to be increased a tad. At least he is craving super easy things to make. Actually Jake's behavior is kind of reminding me of my pregnancy. =)

laurie Carlson said...

Jakers....how much do I LOVE you???? Today you wanted me to call Uncle Tiggy to bring you a large cheese pizza and breadsticks just for you. That was after you had 3 eggs, 2 waffles, 2 toaster strudels, a (picky) sandwich and whatever else in between. Keep it up though because your little body needs the weight gain!!

I LOVE YOU!!!
GRAMS

Kari said...

Holy smokes he can sure eat! Maybe you should have bought 1-2 hundred of those kid cuisins, sounds like he'd gobble them all up.

Unknown said...

I need to give Gavin a little dose of those drugs - we honestly don't know what the kid lives on.

Does it make it easier to give Jake all his medicine since he is eating more? I think I want to come live with you. I could eat pizza for every meal. I don't know about the kids cuisine, though.

gigi said...

We decided that you can blame the kid cuisine addiction on Gigi. He wanted them once while he was here... and its Gigi, so he got one. or two hundred. Thats funny. We're glad his appetite is picking up. Its about time!!
Love you guys!

Kris said...

I'm loving the updates on Jake. Coming straight from you on exactly how he is doing is so wonderful. Ironic that yesterday my school is collecting pennies for children with leukemia. Each class was given a plastic pig to fill with money to help find a cure for leukemia. One of my students 3 year old sister is fighting lung cancer so I shared with the class about what Jake and Ava were dealing with, what cancer is, and what we could do to help. Today our little plastic pig was over flowing with money that 30 ten year olds were so willing to donate to help find a cure. One of them posted a sign to hang in our room above our pig that reads "For Ava and Jake." Too cute and sweet! Love you guys and hug all the boys for me.

Jamie said...

So I totally took a peek at your blog, it's your mom's fault (Laurie), but now you should feel somewhat grateful that I'm not calling you every second trying to get updates. It's good to hear he's eating like a champ!

Judy said...

This is Jamilyn's family in California. We want you to know that we are praying for you and your sweet Jake. We have been reading your blogs, and have felt your strength and your faith. We know that you will be able to get through this and you and Jake will feel God's hand carrying you all the way. Love The Crowder's

Davis Smith said...

These are some GREAT stories he can share when he's older! (Of course there are the not-so-great ones, but at least there is a variety!)

Jamieson Family said...

Are you sure it is the roids or did he inherit someone's temper?:)

Jesi said...

Hi Heidi, Just wanted to let you know our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Jesi

y3aland said...

I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you guys. Not easy to deal with, but you are handling it so well! Sounds like Jake is a little like his dad -- strong-willed! :)
Take care,
Lisa (Kadz) Aland

smithblog said...

It was good to meet you guys at clinic today! Raegan always craves pizza when she is on steroids (darn things!). I wanted to say again that it does get easier. Once Jake is done with steroids you will see him be his regular old self again. Our kids have to go through a lot but they will amaze you with their strength! That website I was telling you about is http://www.leukemia-lymphoma.org/ - then click on discussion boards, then "when a child has cancer" there are a lot of really great people on there who have a great deal of knowledge and understanding of exactly what you are going through.

I hope that we get to see you at clinic again. We will keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers!!!

Anon said...

Heidi,
I am just thinking about you today. I hope things went well with Jake today, you continue to be in our prayers!