Sunday, May 25, 2008

Jake's new 'do



Seriously!!! Can he get any cuter?  I don't think so!  We LOVE Jake's new haircut...his little bald head is way too fun to sit and rub.  He is liking it a little bit more, I think.  Jeff and my brother, Tyler shaved all their hair off too.  It helped more than we realized it would.  He has had a really hard time with having no hair--a lot harder time than we thought that he would.  He sleeps in hats and would not take it off for anyone.  Last week when we were up at clinic, he started noticing other kids with no hair too.  Now that he knows there are other kids that look a little like him, he is starting to enjoy the attention!  Ya gotta love the bald head!  Too cute!

Another wonderful update is that we are finally starting to get our little boy back!  The steroids are almost completely out of his body, and he is starting to walk again.  Not too well, but SO much  better than before.  It is amazing how much strength he has gotten back in the last couple of days.  His 'roid rage is just about gone also.  He has been so sweet and kind to everyone.  He will actually do other things rather than just sit on the couch.  We are once again so so grateful for the prayers and support that we have received.  We do not think Jake would be doing so well had it not been for you.  Thank you!!!

6 comments:

Emily said...

He is so cute! What a little fighter he is. You are all in our prayers...
The Loveland Family

laurie Carlson said...

Jakers........I LOVE the new "do"! You are too cute! I love you!!!!!!!!!!!
Grams

Anonymous said...

We are so excited to hear about his remission! You guys are always in our thoughts and we're hoping for continued good news! Thanks for keeping us updated. :)
The Roper family

Kris said...

Love the new look for both guys. So glad things are looking more positive for Jake. We love ya tons!

Sara said...

Jake is the cutest bald kid I have EVER seen! Daddy isn't lookin too bad himself. =) Those pictures are priceless. I am So glad your little boy is becoming himself again. It must have been so hard to go through something so aweful and watch him change so much. He looks like the "real Jake" in your photos. What a sweetheart.

Kari said...

Congratulations on being in remission. We pray it stays that way. He looks adorable. I'm glad he let you post these, we were all excited to see the new style.