Thursday, May 1, 2008

quick little update

I just got off the phone with Heidi. She just talked to the doctor and had some good news. When we went to the hospital for the first time 35-40% of Jake's cells were leukemia cells. We just got the news today that number is down to 3-4% of the cells are leukemia cells. We are so grateful. Obviously, we still have another 3 years ahead of us, but we are so hopeful and prayerful that we can continue to have good news. The problem with leukemia cells is they form/grow so rapidly. Thanks again for all the support and phone calls. They do mean so much. So, on Monday, Jake doesn't have to have another bone marrow biopsy or spinal tap...just the chemo. Which means he can eat before we go in!!! I have never seen a kid eat as much as he has the last 2-3 days. It's hilarious what he craves.

10 comments:

Anon said...

YEA! Heidi, I was so glad to hear from you today. I am glad that things are going well for Jake.

ChrisAndJack said...

HOORAY!!! That is SUCH great news! That means the chemo is doing it's thing! We'll pray that all you get from here on out is good news.

Sara said...

That is fantastic news...we will pray that is the only kind of news we will be hearing from now on. That is so great! I am so grateful for modern medicine. it is amazing. We love you guys! Let us know what Jake is craving so we can send him a little something in the mail from the girls.

Carrie said...

That's great news! Your family has been in my thoughts quite a bit since I stumbled onto your blog!

Best wishes always,
Carrie Cook Pace

DJ and Gin Family said...

What a fighter... go Jake!!

mik and bren said...

We love u sooooooooooooooooooooooo much jake! we include u in all our prayers and hope u get better! wishing u the best,
brenna lawson & mikayla anderson

Katrina said...

So glad to hear those prayers are working! That's the best news. I want to hear about what hilarious foods Jake is craving.

Janna said...

Hey guys,
Annie P and Mindy B told me what was going on. Then I checked your blog to get details. Wow! Life can change so fast! Know that our prayers and love are with you. I'm sure that you have had many offers to help tend your other boys when you are busy with Jake. But please take me up on my offer to tend. All of my kids are in school and I would love to help you out. Keep your chins up and look to the Lord for strength.
Love,
Janna and Brandon Spevak

BS and the Kids said...

What great news!!! I am glad the chemo is working and doing its job. We are still praying for you and T-man keeps asking about Jakers. Tell him hi for him and if he ever wants to talk to him on the phone, you know our number. I am sure it would be a loaded conversation, but hey, what do you do?

Kari said...

We are so glad to hear the great news and hope it keeps on coming. Keep being so strong you have a ton of support. I hope you are getting the rest you need. Jake, you are such a great boy. Keep being brave and a fighter!