His levels are good. In fact, his white blood count was up and actually in the "normal" category. He was able to have a friend come by and play so that was nice. He doesn't have much energy and it hurts him to walk but I think he enjoyed having his friend come over.
I went to Reno and it's amazing how different he looks after 4 days. We cut his hair because it was falling out and he doesn't like it. It has surprised us at how much it bothers him. He won't take off his hat for anyone to see...it is even hard to get it off of him to go to sleep. He thinks it looks "weird." We think it looks pretty darn cute on him. I shaved mine last week hoping it would help but it didn't. Although he did see a girl yesterday at the clinic and he said, "she doesn't have any hair, like me." So I asked him if she looks weird and he said "no, she looks pretty." So hopefully he'll get over the bald thing. He doesn't have any hair and his face is very puffy...he doesn't look like the same kid. Heidi says she's going to get some pictures up for people to see. I asked him yesterday if we could take a picture with our twinner haircuts and he said, "sure, but you can't put it on our wall." I thought that was pretty good. Anyhow, we'll get some pictures and some more updates in the next couple of days. It's been fun because on Sunday night Cole threw-up 3x's and Heidi now has mastitis for the 2nd time since Jake was diagnosed. I think she's faking so she can stay in bed and milk it and let me take care of the kids!!



4 comments:
Thank heavens for nintendo, huh? I'm glad to hear yesterday was less traumatic than previous visits. I can't wait to see Jakers with no hair. I bet he looks darling. He is WAY to cute to ever look 'weird'. I think you need to have a talk with your wife and children and tell them all that no one else is allowed to get sick for a long time. See if that works.:) Love you guys!!
Nobody fakes mastitis! :) Thanks for the updates. I am glad that this Monday was better.
Jeff you may or may not remember us, Brent and Amysue Christiansen from Lewisville. We are good friends with Shellee and Christi and their family? Anyway, Shellee sent me your blog. So sorry to hear about your son Jake. what a sweetie, so adorable. It makes someone have to grow up too fast to have to deal with something like that. Our prayers are with you and your family. We are in Houston still, if you are ever around give us a call.
Amysue and Brent
Poor Heidi... I hope you can get over it quickly! Let me know if you need Cole to come over anytime. Ginny always loves visitors. I take babies as well. My house is well equipped, and now that Reese is sitting up, she's alot more independant. Just call me anytime! :)
Post a Comment